Welcome to the Future of Plastics!
BioPolymers reduce fossil fuel-based plastic use and greenhouse gas emissions, while also improving
the functional and recycling performance of traditional plastics.
High Performance Biopolymer for Packaging
Using our proprietary (and rather revolutionary) process, we produce a 100% natural, renewably sourced, plant-based biopolymer.
GP passes ASTM D6400 and EN-13432 for compostability and ASTM D6691 for marine biodegradation. It is TUV OK certified for both industrial compostability and marine biodegradation.
Sustainable Bags provide a big sustainability boost to the planet. By incorporating 20-25% BioPolymer resin, along with a 20-30% film thickness reduction (made possible by the increased strength of the film), the package reduces the usage of fossil fuel-based plastic by up to 45%. It also reduces greenhouse gas emissions versus typical polyethylene bag production by up to 44%
And, because film is made from plants, by-products from processing that would normally be wasted are now turned into products and profits for farmers. (For reference, around 100 million pounds of potato waste starch is produced annually just in the Northwestern United States.)
What’s more, film maintains or enhance the recyclability of the plastics with which they’re combined. You and your family can recycle this polyethylene bag at the store where you bought it, including your local Walmart Supercenter or Sam’s Club. (You can find the nearest store that offers plastic bag recycling at plasticfilmrecycling.org.)
When you recycle our bags, the plastic can end up back on the farm, and become another bag. We’d like that.
High Performance BioPolymers are thermoplastic resins that offer exceptional functional and environmental benefits. They are created by blending plant-based with fossil fuel-based thermoplastics such as HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, PP, or PS.
Designed to provide increased tear, puncture and dart strength to thin films and wraps or bags
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The improved strength of can allow for significant downgauging, especially for thin film applications.
- It maintains the recyclability of its primary resin component, typically LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, or PP.
- helps reduce both fossil fuel-based plastic content and greenhouse gas generation – by up to 50%.
- Thin films made with have a soft feel.
(In order of importance, per the EPA Waste Management Hierarchy)
- Reduce material use through down-gauging.
- Reduce use of plastics made from fossil fuels and other non-renewable resources.
- Reduce energy use during production.
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) generation during production.
- Reduce food waste by using plant scraps, by-products, & processing waste as feedstock.
- Reuse agricultural byproducts, reducing food waste.
- maintains or increases long term recyclability of partner plastics.
- is compostable by itself in home and industrial facilities.
- can maintain or enhance alloy partners’ compostability in industrial facilities.
- Can be converted into energy through any recovery program that accepts plastics.
- Grades of BioPolymers are available that biodegrade by themselves where microbial conditions exist.
- BioPolymers can be designed to make alloy-partner resins biodegrade where microbial conditions exist.
- Over time, there should be nothing left in the environment!